5 Things I Wish I Knew Before I Started Blogging | blogging mistakes to avoid

Starting my first blog without much information was a great step for me and I guess you are about to take that same part too.

When you are about to stat your first blog, there is this feeling of overwhelm that makes you feel like “I made it.

That is really a great feeling to everyone that just begin their blogging journey. As you continue in the joy of accomplishment, your first month of blogging will seem faultless.

You enjoy the drive of learning new things and then growing and feeling accomplish.

But then you begin to see something others aren’t and you start chasing a very big unreality dream that only you can see.

You chase competitors, chase keyword and just keeping chasing without stopping.

I guess I too was a victim of the above. I was always having big dreams for a little blog without considering that every great tree was once a seed.


My blogging mistake

If you are a newbie to the blogging world, I want you to pay attention to all these mistakes and since no one is above mistake, it will help  reduce the amount of mistake you might encounter on your journey.

Must read:
how to add facebook page to your blog

how to add favicon to your blogger blog


Don’t be scared to make any mistake but be quick to adjust once you notice.

5 BLOGGING MISTAKE I MADE AS A NEWBIE

1. Post writing mistake (grammatical errors) | copywriting 

2. Tags and categories arrangement

3. Search engine optimisation

4. Backlinks

5. Keywords and competition 


The above 5 are the major mistake I made while blogging.Anyway, my blog was flourishing and everything seems ok to others who went to the blog and see how far it has come.But only I knew that something wasn’t right with my blog.


 POST WRITING MISTAKE (GRAMMATICAL ERRORS) | COPYWRITING 

During my first few months of blogging, I actually made a mistake on how to write a perfect blog post. 

Well! Nothing is perfect but at least it didn’t fit into the record. I actually made some mistake in capitalizing words, were to put full stop and others.

These mistake gave my readers a hard time understanding my content and who I was writing it to.

Although some stick to it, others just scan to get the main point and leave. With this I was having a high bounce rate (bounce rate is simply the amount of time people spend navigating your website/blog).


The  issue of copywriting wasn’t left outside as I actually didn’t check the article  plagiarism detector (https://plagiarismdetector.net/ )to see if it was already written by some one else.

"What other bloggers are reading"

all you need to know about search engine optimization for your blog

what no body will tell you about your blog growth

how to create youtube channel for your blog

"read the above three post for a perfect blogging tactics"


TAGS AND CATEGORIES ARRANGEMENT 

The issue of tags and categories was one I wasn’t really sure about as almost all video I watch on YouTube made me understand that you should make your website navigable.

This I interpreted as making very many tags and categories on my website. Although this was good, the effect it had on seo was so much that it even affected my AdSense application.

Without forgetting the fact that tags causes duplicate content. This issue was a major concern that I didn’t realized until I applied for AdSense from google.


SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMISATION

If you really want to know what hell is, then create a website that is not search friendly( am just kidding).My website wasn’t really Google friendly and so, I had to do most of the work.

You can either create your website/blog to be search engine friendly and enjoy the benefit or you create it and share manually and see how suffering comes (just saying).

BACKLINKS

Backlinks play a major row in building a website/blog.

The amount of backlink you have determines how high your website might rank in competitive keywords.

Backlinks are like strings that move from one website to another. The number of string that links back to your website equals the weight of rank of your blog/website.

My main mistake was not building backlink for my blog. Don’t worry, I would explain everything you need to build a perfect website from the backlink perspective. My last mistake is really hell. I which I knew this before hand.

if you are new to blogging click here! to sign up for konga affiliate and make some money without stress

KEYWORDS AND COMPETITION 

Your success in the blogging word depends on the amount of keyword your blog rank for. 

The higher your keyword, the better for you to rank in search engine and even after you are done with the blog, you still get more traffic.

One issue I didn’t consider much also was not dragging keyword with higher blogs. I was always going for keyword that I cant rank for. When you start a blog, you should not go for keyword that is very competitive, rather go for low keyword.

think this is a perfect blogging plan? well! here is my blogging mistakes, avoid them..


CONCLUSION


Blogging for dummies
Best blogging book 

If you are new to website/blog building, download this book for free! 

The above book can help you understand everything you need to know about blogging, web design and seo. Get the book for better understanding.


Moving back to out topic, always keep this in mind; When you start your blog, there is no competition to the race as you have may years ahead. 

Don’t jump into what you cannot finish.  Start from small stage and ignore your competitors until you are ready.

Post when ever you are free and don’t do it because you are forced to or pressurized to. 

I hope you have learnt from my mistake. If you find this interesting please help me share to others that need it 

If this post has really enlighten you, why not share to a friend or relative.

Lastly, let us know once you pick up the to start your blog, or if you are a blogger, comment your blog link below.


Post a Comment

1 Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this blog. it helped me to set up my blog on CAT Result and other educational topics

    ReplyDelete

Please dont spam on my comment box.
All spam comment will be deleted!